Hero's Duel Academy
Thank you for coming to Hero Duel Academy , If you are a member then log in and if you are not then sign up !
Hero's Duel Academy
Thank you for coming to Hero Duel Academy , If you are a member then log in and if you are not then sign up !
Hero's Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where Every One Becomes A Hero At Dueling

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
HDA Now Haves Another Dueling System ! Check It Out !
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Hello, is this active
Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 Emptyby SiliverStone Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:56 pm

» Test Request
Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 Emptyby sxdddd Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:30 am

» the best of the best tourney!
Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 Emptyby smitlord Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:25 pm

» darkness being powerful beyond hell
Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 Emptyby smitlord Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:36 pm

» need to be tested
Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 Emptyby Kurama Mon May 13, 2013 8:17 pm

» Cyberduelacademy
Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 Emptyby Jazai Mon May 06, 2013 7:23 pm

» Darker than the DarkestNight?
Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 Emptyby DarkestNight Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:01 am

» hello! whats up from Dark Jaden
Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 Emptyby BigSmoke01 Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:36 pm

» Closing HDA and starting CDA!
Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 Emptyby Lawliet Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:51 am

Top posters
Lawliet
Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 I_vote_lcapEnter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 I_voting_barEnter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 I_vote_rcap 
DESTRUCTOR
Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 I_vote_lcapEnter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 I_voting_barEnter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 I_vote_rcap 
(signers)cameron
Boogers
Troller
Sariu
evil dealer
BigSmoke01
Jazai
SirEpic

Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1

Go down 

What Disaster Dragon variant would you like to know more about first?
King Dragun Disaster (OCG)
Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 I_vote_lcap25%Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Summoner Monk Disaster (OCG)
Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 I_vote_lcap0%Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Gebeb engine Disaster (OCG)
Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 I_vote_lcap25%Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Hieratic Disaster (OCG)
Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 I_vote_lcap0%Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Hieratic Disaster (TCG)
 0% [ 0 ]
Hieratic LaDD Disaster (TCG)
Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 I_vote_lcap50%Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
YangWenli
Teacher
Teacher

HDA Credits : 79

Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1   Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Welcome to the Dragun's Den where you can find anything you want to know about one of the oldest and by my opinion funnest types to play out there. As you all know there are different ways to run Dragons and the most popular would be:
Chaos Drags, Hieratic builds, Hopeless and Disaster dragon. All of which have subcategories and really A LOT of variants.

The focus in this first text will be on my favorite type of deck which is DISASTER DRAGON, a control and toolbox based deck that was heavily hit in this format with the limiting of Red-eyes Darkness Metal Dragon(REDM) and banning of Future Fusion, and when most people pronounced the deck dead, Dragon lovers like myself have found ways to still run it and even compete with the current meta with some combinations and additions. I will not go into how Disaster was run before this format, as it is of no value now. In this part 1 i will just give you a quick overview what the main cards are that you will run in any build, and go into detail in my next articles. You have the decks and variants that i run in the poll so feel free to vote if you would like to know more about some of them, with Hieratic LaDD Disaster being the most competitive and currently my main Dragon variant.

The main cards needed used in any Disaster Dragon deck are:
- REDM - pretty self-explanatory, its a 2800 beater that is easy to Special Summon and has a broken effect that can SS a almost any Dragon-type monsters from the grave or hand

- Delta flyer - Its a lvl 3 tuner with a handy effect to increase the level of any other monster on the field by 1. It gives you the opportunity to do an easy lvl 8 sync summon with another lvl 4 monster which comes really handy, and if you chose to run disaster you will see that a REDM + Sturdust Dragon field doesn't lose very often.

- Masked Dragon - The searcher of the deck. If it is destroyed by battle it lets you Special Summon a 1500 or less atk Dragon from your deck. The possible targets being Delta Flyer, Exploder Dragon, Divine Dragon Apocralyph or Totem Dragon depending on the build

- Exploder Dragon - I advise running 1 of these in any Disaster Build cause his effect comes really handy against much of the boss monsters you will be playing against.

- Dragon's Ravine - This is the card that made Disaster Dragon still playable as it lets you dump dragons to grave to be ssed by REDM or some other means. It has a lot of uses and combos which depend on the kind of Disaster variant you are running.

Other popular choices include: Divine Dragon Apocralyph, Koa'ki Meiru Drago, Totem Dragon(goes with Light and Darkness Dragon), Prime Material Dragon, White-Night Dragon, Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon, King Dragun. I leave you to look into all of these yourselves and if you have any questions ask here or on the chat.
Back to top Go down

Enter the Dragun Den - A guide on how to play Disaster Dragon part 1
Page 1 of 1